Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Windows 10 Privacy - IOS9 Ad Blockers

After reading this zdnet post on Windows 10 Privacy, I feel better about Microsoft's approach to collecting my data. In particular I love this quote

Unlike some other platforms, no matter what privacy options you choose, neither Windows 10 nor any other Microsoft software scans the content of your email or other communications, or your files, in order to deliver targeted advertising to you. 

From the Apple camp, there is a different approach to socking it to advertising based business models. I looked for these ad blockers on our Ipad2 that is running IOS9 and it was not available. My older son also assures me that these tools in the old days mucked up pages that had embedded video content so he gave up on them. Maybe the new wave of blockers will work better like the story suggests.

On good ol facebook, Sheryl Sandberg says Facebook can do what it wants with adverts on the phone because it owns the app. You the consumer have now been warned by good ol Garry the editor.

Centennial Park Sydney - Advert Free

No comments: